Traditionally people head to the coast over the Christmas and New Year holiday season. Personally, we don’t think the Christmas holidays should be all about the beach! There’s so much to do here in the Richmond Valley and, best of all, we have availability to accept last minute bookings over the holidays.
Can’t find accommodation? We still have availability for the December / January holidays. Book now for Easter to avoid disappointment.
Are you finding it hard to book accommodation on the North Coast during the school holidays?
The limit on overseas travel during COVID has seen a surge in local travel to Northern NSW. After a tough start to the year, the volume of people holidaying in NSW caravan parks has been a welcome reprieve for everyone involved in local tourism – thank you!
While we’ve been at capacity for the last few months, the good news is, we do have availability over the Christmas holidays.
Traditionally, people head to the coast for a classic Aussie holiday at the beach. This year we want to change that! We hear that this increase in demand has meant that most caravan parks on the coast are fully booked. We invite you to think outside the square and come to Casino and explore the beautiful Richmond Valley this year. Rest assured, there’s plenty here to do for everyone of all ages.
If you can’t bear to spend Christmas away from the coast, we are only 45 minutes from the unspoilt beaches at Evans Head. Surrounded by national parks and river estuaries, Evans Head is often considered the hidden gem of the North coast.
DID YOU KNOW? Casino Holiday Park is only 2 hours from the Gold Coast, 3 hours to Brisbane or a 90-minute flight to Sydney from Lismore Airport?
Things to do in the school holidays in Casino and the surrounding area
While our list below is in no way complete, we hope it gives you insight into the diversity and opportunities available when you visit us here in the Richmond Valley.
- Explore the town of Casino, the thriving rural centre of the area and featuring beautiful and historic art deco buildings.
- Spend some time meandering along Richmond River on a kayak or just relax on a shady riverbank. It also offers great fishing.
- Take a road trip to surrounding villages like Broadwater, Caraki, New Italy, Rappville and Woodburn where you can delve into our regional history and the thriving local industry of today.
- Visit the Platypus Pools where a colony of platypus live along the river. Don’t miss the platypus rock carvings in the riverbed, best viewed from the Irving Bridge.
- Get back in touch with nature as you explore our stunning hinterland and World Heritage listed rainforests.
- Dine on local produce from the land and sea at one of our local pubs, restaurants or cafes. Pick up some fresh fruit and veges from one of the many roadside stalls.
- Explore the natural wonderland that is the Jabiru Geneebeinga Wetlands where you’ll see an abundance of birdlife.
- Meander along the peaceful walking tracks of the Broadwater Koala Sanctuary where you may see koalas nesting in the eucalypts.
- Enjoy a day at the beach with a visit to Evans Head (45 min drive) where you’ll be rewarded with long, unspoilt beaches.
We look forward to welcoming you to Casino Holiday Park
Uniquely located on the grounds of an old airport, our caravan park and campground provides a range of self contained holiday cabins, powered and unpowered campsites with ensuite bathroom facilities available.
Our caravan park is located in the picturesque Richmond Valley, in the Northern Rivers region on the NSW north coast. We are just a short drive to the Casino city centre and the magnificent Richmond River.
Our holiday cabins are designed to feel homely in a style that mirrors our spectacular natural surrounds. Our camping and caravan sites cater to motorhomes, RVs, caravans, campervans and tents of all sizes – many feature expansive views of the green fields and mountains.
Park facilities include:
- Swimming pool
- Golf course
- Jigsaw puzzle
- Games room, pool tables and library
- Function room
- BBQ area
- Pet friendly options